Recent Posts

Friday, October 31, 2014

Phobic Book Tour

I was so excited to get the chance to review and post about PHOBIC BY CORTNEY PEARSON!

This book has caught my interest from the first moment I heard about it. One, because it is not anything like the books I usually read (I simply don't do horror) and two, because despite it's genre I was captivated by the idea of this plot!

With that being said let me tell you about it!!



Cortney is a talented author and it's been a pleasure getting to know her! So let me tell you all about her cause you are all bound to love her too!


Author bio:
Cortney is a book nerd who studied literature at BYU-Idaho, a music nerd who plays clarinet in her local community orchestra, and a writing nerd who creates stories for young adults. She lives with her husband and three sons in a small Idaho farm town.

Links:

Amazon: 

Barnes & Noble: 

iTunes:

Kobo:



And now for this amazing book!!


Fifteen-year-old Piper Crenshaw knows her house is strange. It’s never needed repairs since it was built in the 1800s, and the lights flicker in response to things she says. As if those things aren’t creepy enough, it’s also the place where her mother committed murder.

To prove she’s not afraid of where she lives, Piper opens a forbidden door, which hides a staircase that leads to the ceiling. That’s when the flashbacks of the original residents from 1875 start, including a love affair between two young servants. Each vision pulls Piper deeper into not only their story, but also her house. Piper confides in her best friend, Todd, whom she's gradually falling for, but even he doesn't believe her. At least, not until her house gets axed during a prank, and the act injures Piper instead, cutting a gash the size of Texas into her stomach.
                 
Piper realizes her house isn’t haunted—it’s alive. To sever her link to it, she must unravel the clues in the flashbacks and uncover the truth about her mother’s crime, before she becomes part of her house for good. 


MY REVIEW:

Oh My gosh! I could not put this book down!
From the first line it hooks you in and you are dying to know what happens. It was so well written and the characters seem to come to life. The imagery is fabulous without ever getting graphic or gory, and despite the genre it did not give me nightmares. The idea was unique and so well crafted. And the story itself! Ahhh - there is not enough I can say about the story, especially without giving too much away. But I completely fell in love with the characters and their story. Even my husband got into it and we sat speculating on what and how and why things were happening. We simply had to finish it to really figure it out. It definitely keeps you guessing all the way through and then it clicks so well into place. So well put together. I would easily recommend this to anyone, even if it's not your typical genre. I could not imagine myself reading, let alone loving, a book like this. But I did, and I do! So worth the read!

And to help you decide, Cortney has made it easy! The book is on sale right now!!




Also, while you're at it, go enjoy reading what others had to say about this book on this tour!

October 28:  semishort.blogpost.com
October 29   mehousdonblog.weebly.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!