Recent Posts

Monday, November 8, 2021

Kiss the Girl - Review

I was so pleased to get my hands on this book!
My review for KISS THE GIRL is below, but first, let's get to know the author for a minute. she's written several wonderful books and I'm excited to introduce her to anyone who hasn't had the privilege of meeting her yet:


Melanie Bennett Jacobson is an avid reader, amateur cook, and champion shopper. She lives in Southern California with her husband and children, a series of doomed houseplants, and a naughty miniature schnauzer. She substitutes high school English classes for fun and holds a Masters in Writing for Children and Young Adults from the Vermont College of Fine Arts. She is a USA Today bestseller and a two-time Whitney Award winner for contemporary romance.



The last thing I want is to put my awesome career on pause while I run my dad’s hardware store, but duty calls so what am I supposed to do? I can’t wait to get out of Creekville again, and I’m doing great keeping everyone at arm’s length until my best friend tries to set me up with the hot new high school coach. He’s got me literally tripping over my own feet, but I’m not giving in to those dimples.

I'm burnt out on love, but Grace Winters is the funniest—and most attractive—woman I’ve ever met.

Too bad Creekville is just a detour for her. I get it. But when I recruit her to help me build a Christmas booth for the town’s biggest event of the year, I learn just how irresistible she is. And if that’s not bad enough, when I talk her into fake dating to convince my boss I’m ready for a promotion, we share an unplanned kiss that blurs every line we’ve drawn.

Is Grace and Noah's undeniable chemistry worth risking their friendship when their future is anything but certain? Get ready for small town charm and toe-curling mistletoe kisses!



-----//-----

MY REVIEW
This book grabbed me from the start and didn't let go. I fell in love with the characters and their plight. The way they meet is hilarious and still makes me giggle when I think about it. And the way they avoid each other and refuse to let people push them together is fun. I like that the characters aren't like most who just pretend nothing is happening. They openly discuss everyone trying to set them up and make a pact not to let it happen. And they even confront the people who are trying - so there are no secrets. I found that refreshing. I feel like most conflict comes from secrets that you are dying for them to share. But with this book, I was very pleased with Author Melanie Jacobson's ability to bring in tension, uncertainty, and conflict in some new ways that made things so captivating and kept me glued to the story from the first awkward moment to the very last scene. I would definitely recommend this book as a quick, fun, sweet read. And I have no doubt I will be revisiting it in the future when I need a fabulous pick-me-up read to make me smile and lighten my mood.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!