Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Review - Meet me under the Mistletoe

First of all, I must apologize for this delayed post. I finished this books weeks ago and in my head had written the reviews. I had all the ideas, thoughts, favorite parts, etc. laid out in my head ... and somehow they did not get typed onto this blog. For that, I apologize! I was/am so excited to share this book with you



Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Meet-Me-Under-Kissing-Bough-ebook/dp/B09DK3M2T2/

Seagull: https://www.seagullbook.com/meet-me-under-the-kissing-bough.html



MY REVIEW


I love Christmas books, and I love romances. So this was a great combination for me and I was so eager to get my hands on it. It did not disappoint. These three stories kept me reading right to the end.

The First novella, a second chance story called Meet me under the Kissing Bough, was sweet and fun to follow. I felt for Deborah and wanted her happiness. I enjoyed watching the Christmas festivities through her eyes and loved seeing her discover her own feelings. It was an enjoyable read with a wonderful ending that I hoped for but also wasn't sure how it was going to come together. As always, Author Josi S. Kilpack brought things around exactly how they should be and delivered a wonderful read.

The Second novella, Healing Hearts for the Holidays, was full of emotion and miracles. I felt for the family that had been torn apart by greed and misunderstandings - not to mention a large amount of pride. Every time Julia secretly visited Ivy I wanted to make it better for them, and also for Julia to not get caught. And the impossibility of the potential love was sweet and frustrating. Author Anneka R. Walker wove a tale that touched my heart and also made me want to ready Ivy's story (is that out there somewhere? The little glimpse we got of how that courtship started definitely fascinated me.). Esmond was charming and sigh-worthy for sure. And I was rooting for him despite prejudices and seemingly endless obstacles. I loved this story, it made my heart happy.

The Third and final novella, A Christmas Correspondence, was possibly my favorite of the three stories. To be fair, it could be because it is based loosely on A Christmas Carol and I adore that story. But Author Sarah L. McConkie made it her own and added in some sweet romance that we know Scrooge never got. The characters were charming, even Caroline. I loved finding out her back story and why she is the way she is, and also I ached for her and wanted her to learn and change. I was also rooting for the man who had to lead her down that path of redemption and learning. Honestly, I didn't realize I was reading a retelling of A Christmas Carol until half way through because I was so engrossed in the story of Caroline. LOL. I know that sounds silly, but its the truth. I was already loving it and then I discovered it was A Christmas Carol and my love of it made it even that much sweeter.  I loved reading this story so much.

Overall I loved all three of these stories and will no doubt be reading this collection again and again. It was a wonderful book full of sweet, loving, miracle filled stories that won my heart. And I highly recommend it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!