Recent Posts

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Countdown Blitz Day 4






JR Simmons lives in Northern Utah with his wife and 4 boys. He loves spending time with his family and coaching his kids in all of their different sports. He is an avid gamer and is very excited that his boys are picking up on his hobby. 

JR was recently introduced to triathlons and has since found that he loves the sport. Most nights he can be found either sitting down with a good game or hunched over his laptop writing.




Connect with the Author here: 
~ Facebook ~ Website




An ancient prophet, witness to unspeakable sorrow, is called to deliver a message of hope.

A barren couple learns they will have a child in their old age, a child who will prepare the way for the coming Lord.

A virgin conceives a miracle.

As Zacharias goes about his duties in the temple, a visit from an angel brings unexpected but welcome news. The same angel appears to newly betrothed Mary, and his words will change more than her life. His message will change the world. From Hebron to Bethlehem to Nazareth, travel with the mother of the Savior of the world and the people she knew. Become part of the miracle and see the world where Jesus Christ was born. We all know how the story ends, but in Lo, How a Rose, see how it all began."



~ Amazon ~ Amazon Audiobook ~
~ Amazon PaperbackAudible ~


  • The Audio Books are read by two brilliant Narrators; Mark Deakins (reader of the Maze Runner series) and Emily Rankin (reader of Before We Were Yours)

The Audiobooks are well worth listening to!


  • Also the e-copy is on sale this christmas season for $1.99 so pick up your copy today!



Q&A With The Author: 

1.  Describe myself in 50 words or less.
I like to think myself as a devoted husband, a fun-loving dad, and an enthusiastic performer.  When I am not working, coaching, or doing the family thing, I love to write, watch movies, play video games, and participate in triathlons and other races.

2.  What do you love most in the world?
It may sound like a clichéd answer, but God and my family.  Out of everything that I have, those are the two things I would never give up.

3.  What inspired you to become an author?
The need to perform.  I've always loved singing and acting, but I wanted another outlet.  At the time, I did not feel like I was receiving enough opportunities to artistically express myself.  Writing allowed me to tell stories on a great big stage.  After becoming an author, I have found that I love communicating with my readers.  So if you dig chatting up authors (and especially if you have read my stuff and enjoyed it), hit me up on Facebook!  I'm pretty easy to find.

4.  What is your largest unfulfilled dream, and what are you doing to reach it?
This seems to shift with me quite often.  Of course I want to write a book that readers never want to put down.  One that I see readers carrying around with them through town.  At this particular moment, however?  I want to look like an actual triathlete.  I am what they call a Clydesdale in the triathlon world.  I would like to look like I actually belong in a triathlon.  I hate to put it like this, but right now I part of what I consider the sitcom family.  You know the type: hot wife with the big husband that has 'personality'.  My goal is to quit being the big husband (I’ll keep the personality).  Right now, I am fitting in lots of exercise, but I am going to start lifting more...and most important: watch what I eat.  Yeah, I know that probably wasn't the answer you were expecting, but hey, you asked :D.

5.  What is your trick for getting past writer's block?  And what advice do you have for other authors who are struggling to tell their story?
For me, it is all about writing.  When I get writer's block, I just write through it.  I may throw away what I've written, but I just need to power through.  As far as advice?  Same principle.  Just write!  Even if you hate what you have written, it is more than having written nothing.  A writer friend once told me that the hardest part of publishing a book is just finishing the story.  I have found that to be 100% true. The cool thing about this is that finishing the story is, perhaps, the only part that is completely under the writer's control.

6.  Now that we've gotten to know each other, tell me a story. It can be long or short. From your childhood or last week. Funny, sad, or somewhere in between. Just make sure it's yours. What's your story?
About seven years ago, I played basketball with a couple of adults and a few young men.  We were helping a particular young man lose enough weight so he could submit his papers to go on an LDS mission.  One of my best friends at the time was also playing...and he was lousy.  Horrible at basketball, flattest shot you ever saw.  I loved razzing him about it.  He would just smile and tell me that he was better suited to triathlons.  I would tease him, telling him that triathlons were not real sports. With a knowing grin he would simply shake my head and invite me to try one.
A year or two after, I decided to get into good enough shape to run a 5K.  It took a lot of work, because I have never been a runner, but eventually I got there.  After that, I decided I might as well up my mileage and try a half-marathon, but I still wasn't a huge fan of running.  Again, my buddy suggested I try a triathlon and even offered to let me borrow his bike.  I decided to take him up on it, and I competed in a small triathlon in Northern Utah.  Since then, I have never looked back.  I love doing them, and although my level of fitness fluctuates, I always keep myself in good enough shape to participate in the Spudman Tri.  I've been doing it for 5 years and I am now looking forward to #6.

Although I love the sport itself, it was difficult to eat that helping of crow.  My friend had a pretty good laugh at my expense when I went back to tell him I was wrong.  Triathlons are definitely real sports and they are a great deal of fun!




To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!