Recent Posts

Thursday, August 15, 2013

I'm back!!!!

Well folks ....

Like many of you, I got swept away in the summer. I seriously don't know what it is, but summer hits and all ambition gets blown away with the warm weather!



My goals this summer included:
Losing weight
eating healthy
typing up the first draft of my next novel
doing upgrades on our home
and basically being all around awesome

But then summer hit and it was more like this:
I worked out for 4 weeks straight and ate healthy! I was so proud of myself, and then we had company, our AC was out for 6 days (shouldn't that count as a life threatening emergency in Arizona?) And we went to a family reunion.
Within a week I put back on all the weight I had lost .... and more!!
I started writing, and lost track of 2 months so that still hasn't gone anywhere
and my ambitions for writing on my blog weekly .... well obviously you can see how that went too!

But rather than sit and contemplate how I miserably failed at every goal I had this summer, I'm going to tell you what I'm really proud of accomplishing.



My house is currently cleaner than it ever has been since we moved in, and my back yard is clean and smooth (it's just dirt, but it looks nice now). My hallway is painted a light color so it no longer looks like a cave when you pass through it, and my office is organized.

I got to spend 2 amazing weeks with my husband at a family reunion where I saw some of my siblings that I haven't seen in ages. We celebrated my parents 50th anniversary by getting all 14 of their children (and spouses and offspring) together in one place to get the first full family photo we've done in 13 years.

I got to go hiking and swimming, signed a book contract for my novel and started writing two others. I became part of a writing conference committee, started doing freelance and earned money for a new laptop, and spent time learning to play my husband's favorite game so I could spend more time with him.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my summer when I look at it that way.
How was your summer?


1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about your writing. You'll get it done.
    Sounds like your summer was fun. I love hiking too.
    I started my own blog this summer. You can see it here http://ireadboooks.wordpress.com/

    Have a nice & very productive day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!