Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

12 Days of Clean Romance - Day 2






Donna Hatch is the author of the best-selling “Rogue Hearts Series,” and a winner of writing awards such as The Golden Quill and the International Digital Award.

 A hopeless romantic and adventurer at heart, she discovered her writing passion at the tender age of 8 and has been listening to those voices ever since. She has become a sought-after workshop presenter, and also juggles freelance editing, multiple volunteer positions, and most of all, her six children (seven, counting her husband). 

A native of Arizona who recently transplanted to the Pacific Northwest, she and her husband of over twenty years are living proof that there really is a happily ever after.



Connect with the Author here: 






When charming rake Tristan Barrett sweeps Lady Elizabeth off her feet, stealing both her heart and a kiss in a secluded garden, her brother challenges Tristan to a duel. The only way to save her brother and Tristan from harm—not to mention preserve her reputation—is to get married.

But her father, the Duke of Pemberton, refuses to allow his daughter to marry anyone but a titled lord. The duke demands that Elizabeth marry Tristan’s older brother, Richard, the Earl of Averston. Now Elizabeth must give up Tristan to marry a man who despises her, a man who loves another, a man she’ll never love. 

Richard fears Elizabeth is as untrustworthy as his mother, who ran off with another man. However, to protect his brother from a duel and their family name from further scandal, he agrees to the wedding, certain his new bride will betray him. Yet when Elizabeth turns his house upside down and worms her way into his reluctant heart, Richard suspects he can’t live without his new countess. Will she stay with him or is it too little, too late?



~ AMAZON ~ AMAZON UK ~

AMAZON CA ~ AMAZON AU ~









Q & A With The Author:



1.      Tell us about things you enjoy — what you do for fun or personal satisfaction besides writing?
Music is a big deal in my life--I sing and play the harp and I enjoy listening to good music. I also love to dance, and to go for long walks and hikes. Reading also gives me a lot of pleasure.

2.      What is the thing you struggle with the most while writing? And how do you defeat it?
I struggle most with self doubt, whether what I am writing at any given time is good enough. I don't know that I ever defeat it but I fight it back by continuing to write. Fan mail also goes a long ways to reassure me that readers do enjoy my writing.

3.      What are your future projects? 
I always juggle multiple projects. Right now I am working on a short story to be included in an anthology, book 2 of the Music of the Heart series, Book 5 of the Rogue Hearts series, and book 3 of the Courting series. Those are all in various stages of planning, plotting, researching and writing. 

4.      What is the “message” of your writing?
I don't consciously start out with a message in any of my stories; it discover it once it is written. My stories seem to have a lot of themes of second chances, not judging, loving people with imperfections, listening to your heart, and sticking together through thick and thin. I do have a Mission Statement that I'm happy to share. It is: To write beautiful, inspiring stories that give readers hope for a better tomorrow and restore faith in that elusive happily ever after.

5.      Are your characters/stories/scenes, etc. based on anything in real life?
Not deliberately but I always draw from my own viewpoints and feelings. Sometimes a conversation will inspire a scene or conversation in one of my books. I did give a villain the last name of a super mean boss from years ago :-)

6.      Have you done anything writing-related, besides actually writing your books, that seemed to get a lot of positive response? Something that encouraged you?

I get a lot of positive feedback from my blogs posts which are usually about fun facts and trivia I discover as I research the Regency Era.









To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!