Recent Posts

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Christmas Countdown Day 18



HEATHER TULLIS has been reading romance for as long as she can remember and has been publishing in the genre since 2009. She has published more than twenty books. 

When she’s not dreaming up new stories to write, or helping out with her community garden, she enjoys playing with her dogs and cat, cake decorating, trying new jewelry designs, inventing new ways to eat chocolate, and hanging out with her husband. 

Learn more about her and sign up for her newsletter on her website.






Jonah Owens thought moving to Echo Ridge to open his art gallery would solve all of his problems. The need to sell his grandma's house adds an unexpected complication. It would be easier if his neighbor didn't have all those farm animals.

 Kaya Feidler's family has owned their land for nearly a hundred years--long before the neighbors were there. There's no way she's giving up the animal therapy business she's been struggling to make profitable. She gets a temp job helping Jonah in the gallery. 

Spending time together is a recipe for romance, but can they overcome their own hangups to be more than friends?





Snippet:

Jonah picked at a piece of shredded lettuce on his sandwich. “I'd do anything for my grandma. Besides, I love it here, and I was ready for a change. A complete change.” He'd been dragging around trying to paint post-Janet. This was a fresh start in many ways.
“She said you haven't painted anything in a long time.” Kaya's words were hesitant, as though she wanted to ask, but didn't want to pry.
“I hit a wall.” He paused. It felt wrong to gloss it over with Kaya, though he didn't know why. He went with the impulse. “I was dating someone seriously. When it ended, I found I could only paint dark stuff. Stuff I wouldn't buy or hang, and definitely wouldn’t sell. I tried working through it, but I tried so hard to paint things I wasn't feeling that I ended up not being able to paint at all. Nothing remotely good, anyway. Technically correct, but not emotionally true at all, so I had to stop. The gallery is sort of my backup plan.” It had taken a long time for him to admit it was what he had to do.
“That seems to have changed.”
“What do you mean?”

“I saw the painting of Shyanne this morning; it's nearly done, right? It's beautiful. It takes my breath away, actually.”  





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page
    




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!