Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

The Faith of a Wife Tour






Can they survive the refiner's fire?

It is 85 B.C. in the Ancient Americas, and against all odds, Amulek and Tabitha’s arranged marriage has turned into one based on love. Their little family is thriving and life seems to be better than they could have ever hoped for.

Despite her blessed and luxurious lifestyle, Tabitha feels as if something is missing. A part of her yearns for something she cannot see, something to fill the hole inside of her heart. However, no matter where she turns, she cannot find the cure, until she becomes intrigued by a man preaching of God in the town square.

Amulek’s status as a respected and wealthy man in the city of Ammonihah seems to grow by the day. His farm is flourishing and his family is healthy and happy. Everything he ever wanted is in his hands. But when the Lord he has ignored for years, tells Amulek he is not only to house a chosen prophet of God, but travel with him to preach repentance to the people, Amulek’s idyllic life is thrown into turmoil.

No matter his previous status among his peers, Amulek’s change of heart brings his entire family into danger. Before they are ready, their new found faith is thrown directly into the refiner’s fire. It seems as if they will lose everything if they stand firm in their beliefs and follow the plan God has for them. Is what they will gain worth the cost?

“The Faith of a Wife” is a Christian Historical Fiction Romance. Each book is a stand alone story and can be read in any order.







L.A. Pattillo is the mother of 5 busy children and wife to 1 fantastic husband by day and avid reader and writer by night. She loves her father in heaven and is active in her church. She graduated from BYU with a degree in Creative Writing and now resides with her family in the Pacific Northwest.




~ Facebook
~ Amazon ~



Excerpt from the Book:

Amulek looked the man in the eye and straightened his shoulders. “For many
years, I, too, did harden my heart. I was called, but I refused to listen.” Amulek
looked down and shook his head, shame coursing through him as he admitted
to his weakness in front of the large crowd. “I knew,” he said softly, then
looked up with determination, “I KNEW and yet I refused to listen. I rebelled
against God and hardened my heart and mind against the knowledge I had. My
wealth and status were more important to me than the eternal fate of my
family. Even until a few weeks ago when I was on my way to visit a near
kindred.” Amulek’s eyes left the man in front of him and traveled around the
crowd. “For many nights the Lord had given me a dream. A dream that I was to
seek out and feed a prophet of the Lord. On the day I was traveling, an angel of
the Lord stopped me and commanded that I should travel to the South Gate.
The very man that had been appearing in my dream waited for me there.”

A shock-wave of whispers spread through the large crowd. Amulek
noticed the city leaders to his left, many were glaring at him, but before they
could interfere, he continued, “According to the will of the Lord, I received this
man into my house. He has taught us the ways of God, the ways my ancestors
knew and the ways I had pushed aside. But no longer! I testify to you that as
the Lord liveth, even so, He sent an angel to me to manifest the truthfulness of
Alma’s words to me.” He waved his arms in the air. “This prophet has been a
blessing to my family! He has brought us back to the Lord and given us hope
and faith. I have forsaken my fortune in favor of eternity. No longer will I let
the things of the world cloud my vision.”
“See! There are two witnesses! Surely this must mean something!”
“Perhaps you have been in the sun too long, Amulek!” Chuckles and
guffaws bounced around.
“What more do you have to say, Amulek?” another voice called out,
giving Amulek courage to continue.




To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 









1 comment:

Thank you for your comments!