Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H: Husband

Today I get to brag! Not about me, but about my husband! He is (as I am constantly telling him) the best husband ever.
My husband is tall, dark, and handsome. No, really he is! He's about 6'3" tall, has black hair, hazel eyes and the most charming smile. When he's actually smiling (because he likes to stick out his tongue in pictures) his smile melts me. He makes me laugh every single day!


My husband is completely supportive of my writing. When we moved to Arizona it was decided that I would stop working and focus only on my writing. He is completely confident that I'm going to produce a best-seller and make us rich and famous :) Here's to the dream!

My husband loves to check up on my work, ask me how much I wrote that day, wants to know what it was about, and let's me read sections out loud to him when I need an opinion and need to hear it aloud while editing.
He brings me food while I'm working (because he knows I will forget to eat when I get into my writing) and he knows exactly the moment inspiration hits me (usually because I jump from whatever I'm doing and start scribbling words like crazy into a notebook) and he always leaves me alone until the idea is done. Then he asks me to tell him about it. He is a very patient listener.

My husband is a gamer (as previously mentioned in my post yesterday) and he absolutely loves his comic books and superheros. He introduced me to amusing shows such as Teen Titans and Dark Wing Duck (I seriously had never heard of either before meeting him.) He loves Legos and was beyond thrilled when he got a box of them for Christmas.

He taught me how to use an Xbox controller and explained that I don't need to move with the controller in order to get my characters to move.  He patiently explained to me why Thor 2 is being made after the Avenger movie already came out, and we attend the midnight showing of all super hero moves!

Yes, I threw a Captian America Birthday party for him
He was a fan long before the new movies came out
My wonderful hubby helps me catch up on the housework when I get behind while I'm at my computer. He always unloads the dishwasher so I can reload it later. He does the laundry over half the time, and remembers to take care of our pets when I'm in a different world.
He loves kissing me goodbye in the morning when I'm still half asleep and still in bed (Apparently I say the funniest things at this time and it amuses him to no end), and he randomly brings me home treats just for fun. Sometimes it's a new movie I've been wanting to see, sometimes it's chocolate, and sometimes it's something that just makes me smile, like crazy/colorful socks or a penguin for my collection.

He is the most fantastic man I have ever met and it's a good thing I get to keep him forever!
So here's to my husband, the most amazing Husband ever. I'm so glad I'm married to you!



5 comments:

  1. Just stopping by from the A-Z Challenge list to say "Hi" :)

    Awwwww, lovely post!

    Good luck with the rest of the challenge.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I almost did husband as my "H" also. Here's to great, supportive husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...an endearing portrait of your husband and the two of you! What would we do without supportive husbands? I'm one of the lucky ones, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are most fortunate. May the marital bliss you describe continue...and sare a thought for those who don't have the support of their partners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! I am very blessed to have such a supportive husband. It is something I wish for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!