Recent Posts

Friday, April 11, 2014

I - Interviewing Emily

Yesterday I failed - I did not get my April A-Z letter I post up!
But I did have a great one! So I am putting it up now!

Several weeks ago I got to interview a fabulous author named Emily Belden


Emily is so fun and wrote the amazing book EIGHTYSIXED

I was able to do a fun interview where I asked her 10 questions. Check out her great answers below!



  • When and why did you begin writing?

    1. I started writing when I was little; it began with letters to the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus. It was the best way I knew how to express myself. I once wrote a persuasive essay to my father about why he should not purchase an Oldsmobile. (He was “too young to drive an Oldsmobile” obviously.)

  • How much of the book is real and how much creative liberty did you take?

    1. The book is based entirely off of my experiences. The items that have been changed were things like names and occupations to protect the innocent. (I use the term “innocent” lightly.)

  • What are your current projects?

    1. I am writing my second book, working on adapting Eightysixed to film, and am planning my May 3rd wedding. Wish me luck!

  • What was the hardest part about writing your book?

    1. Renaming some of the characters at the 11th hour. I had spent 3 years with the book writing it one way and all of the sudden T--y is now “Trent”, “B---e” is now now Borris. Just odd, ya know?

  • What were the challenges (research, literary, psychological, and logistical) in bringing it to life? 

    1. Knowing my mom was going to read it! I mean, really...could you write a book about sex, drugs, and rock n’ roll KNOWING your future in-laws are first in line to buy it? Yikes!

  • What was the author's favorite part of the book(s)? 

    1. I love the “Mindy” chapter. It’s just a wild ride and I was so engrossed in it when I reread it, I forgot it was my own. I also love the one-liners. Have to pat myself on the back!

  • Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

    1. Paperbacks for life!

  • List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?

    1. The Dinner - Herman Koch
    2. The Cheese Monkeys - Chip Kidd
    3. Dating Chase Walker - Jillian Conley

  • If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play your characters?

    1. Emily = Emmy Rossum
    2. Floris = David Beckham
    3. Need I say more?

  • What advice would you give to people who "run out of creativity" when writing?

    1. Pour yourself a glass of wine.

    We do wish you the best of luck on your upcoming wedding Emily! Congratulations!! And thank you for being on my blog today and giving us such fun answers to the questions.

    If you would like to learn more about Emily and her book, check out any of the Links Below:

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EmilyBeldenAuthor
    Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Emily-Belden/e/B00I9H7450/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
    Website: http://www.emilybelden.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/emilybelden



    Buy Emily's Book Here!


    2 comments:

    1. Great interview, really like her spirited approach and the wine-advice is spot on! :) I haven't read her book but it made me want to! Great job!
      Andrea, #atozchallenge Mighty Minion Asset

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wonderful interview- as always Emily is witty and spirited, even in an interview (for more- read Eightysixed!). I was also happy to see the mention of the novel "The Dinner." I agree with Emily, if you haven't read it, you need to check it out.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your comments!