But I did have a great one! So I am putting it up now!
Several weeks ago I got to interview a fabulous author named Emily Belden
Emily is so fun and wrote the amazing book EIGHTYSIXED
I was able to do a fun interview where I asked her 10 questions. Check out her great answers below!
- I started writing when I was little; it began with letters to the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus. It was the best way I knew how to express myself. I once wrote a persuasive essay to my father about why he should not purchase an Oldsmobile. (He was “too young to drive an Oldsmobile” obviously.)
- The book is based entirely off of my experiences. The items that have been changed were things like names and occupations to protect the innocent. (I use the term “innocent” lightly.)
- I am writing my second book, working on adapting Eightysixed to film, and am planning my May 3rd wedding. Wish me luck!
- Renaming some of the characters at the 11th hour. I had spent 3 years with the book writing it one way and all of the sudden T--y is now “Trent”, “B---e” is now now Borris. Just odd, ya know?
- Knowing my mom was going to read it! I mean, really...could you write a book about sex, drugs, and rock n’ roll KNOWING your future in-laws are first in line to buy it? Yikes!
- I love the “Mindy” chapter. It’s just a wild ride and I was so engrossed in it when I reread it, I forgot it was my own. I also love the one-liners. Have to pat myself on the back!
- Paperbacks for life!
- The Dinner - Herman Koch
- The Cheese Monkeys - Chip Kidd
- Dating Chase Walker - Jillian Conley
- Emily = Emmy Rossum
- Floris = David Beckham
- Need I say more?
- Pour yourself a glass of wine.
We do wish you the best of luck on your upcoming wedding Emily! Congratulations!! And thank you for being on my blog today and giving us such fun answers to the questions.
If you would like to learn more about Emily and her book, check out any of the Links Below:
Buy Emily's Book Here!