Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

L - Let it Go

One of the biggest songs going around right now is the one from Frozen called Let it Go.

Perhaps you love that song, perhaps you hate that song, perhaps you have no feelings whatsoever about this song.

But me, I like it. I like the idea of letting little things go - especially when they are holding us back.

SO my take on this song - and I guess the movie as a whole - is that when the Troll King says fear will be her downfall I think he may have been referring to her own fear more than the people. Elsa's fear of her own powers made it impossible for her to learn to control it.

Which leads me to my point - LET IT GO!!


I think we all to often fear our own power. Now obviously we don't have magic, like Elsa (and if you do, that's freakin' awesome! I'm jealous), but we do fear the power we have. The power to stand up and do something right. The power to make a difference in someones life. And even the power to write an amazing story.

There is so much talent out there and too many people afraid to show it. We fear bad reviews and harsh critiques, we fear exposing out inner selves through our writing and stories, we fear how those closest to us will react when they read our work, etc.

And until we let it go and step out to say, this is me, this is what I do, and I hope you like it (If not, maybe don't tell me :) ), we are not going to be able to unlock our full potential! Don't worry about it anymore. Let it go. Let the stories out, write them down, let your critique partners make them shine, let those close to you read them, polish them, submit them, and see what you can do! See what your full potential is! You can make a difference. You can bring entertainment through words to the world.

For me, I need to let go of the "to-do" list that I always feel like has to get done before I can sit down and write. I don't actually "have" to do most of them before I can write, and that is the thing I need to let go if I want to fulfill my dream

What kind of things do you you need to let go of in order to do what you dream? What is holding you back?

Let it go!!



2 comments:

  1. I love your thoughts here... but is it bad that I have no idea what song you're talking about? I think I must live under a rock sometimes... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol no worries Steph. It's from the new Disney Movie FROZEN. SO if you haven't seen it, you may not have heard the song. You should check it out though, it's pretty cute.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!